Hybrid Exterior Folding Windows - Exclusively from Win-Dor
Hybrid Exterior Folding Windows
As folding doors become more and more popular, some of our customers have asked us if we'd be willing to make a few windows to match their doors. Our response? "Sure, why not."
Today we use the same proven platform to make our hybrid folding windows as we do for our hybrid folding doors. And unlike other manufacturers who solely use aluminum, vinyl or wood when manufacturing their folding window systems, Win-Dor combines both vinyl and aluminum to offer our customers something truly unique.
The positives and negatives of an all aluminum folding window system
You see, aluminum is a great material for bifold window systems. It is strong and rigid. It allows for larger sized installations vs. the traditional vinyl bifolding window system. At the same time, there are several drawbacks to a standard aluminum window system. Just like aluminum windows, it eventually corrodes and breaks down. Secondly, aluminum is great at transferring energy. Because of this, an aluminum bifold system will not be as energy efficient.
The positives and negatives of an all vinyl folding window system
Now, vinyl is also a great material for bifold window systems. Unlike aluminum, vinyl will never crack or peel. It won't corrode. In fact, vinyl bifold windows require very little maintenance. And just like vinyl windows, vinyl bifolds can be incredibly energy efficient.
But just like its aluminum counterpart, there are drawbacks with vinyl. A bifold window system make exclusively from vinyl doesn't have the same strength as an aluminum bifold window system. And because of this, the size of the opening is extremely limited, especially for larger residential and commercial applications.
The Win-Dor Folding Window Solution
Understanding the limits of both, Win-Dor set out to create an extremely durable, strong, very low-maintenance energy efficient folding window system that we feel is probably the highest quality bifold windows in America.
Our unique blend of strong rigid aluminum framing with a long-lasting, low maintenance vinyl capping and a smaller sill creates a unique combination not available from other manufacturers. And one which is also thermally improved.
Folding Window Technical Documents
2200 Folding Window Brochure
WinDor 2200 Folding Window PowerPoint Presentation - *NEW
WinDor 2200 Folding Window PDF Presentation - *NEW
2200 Folding Window Outswing Panel Configurations
2200 Folding Window Sill Options
2200 Folding Window Panel View
2200 Folding Window Grid Profiles
2200 Folding Window Grid Patterns
2200 Folding Window Horizontal Section View
2200 Folding Window Vertical Section View
2200 Folding Window Warranty
Folding Window Installation Guide
Shoot Bolt & Handle Finish
Door Catch Finish
Vinyl and Paint Color Options
- Contemporary styling with simple lines and contours
- White uPVC door panels will not peel, rot, or swell. Built to last with little to no maintenance
- Available in both outswing and inswing configurations
- Thermally enhanced panel design provides increased thermal efficiency
- Thermally enhanced aluminum frame
- 5/32" to 1 ⅟₄" glazing, allows for a wide range of energy efficient or sound reduction glass options
- Adjustable kick panel, to meet ADA or architect specified requirements
- Internal reinforcement allows up to 9' tall panel heights without additional reinforcement
- Integrated multi-point, stainless steel locking system. Standard in most configurations
- Hinges available in stainless & bronze powder coated
- Window handles available in white, brushed chrome, black & brass
- Custom panel configuration available up to 52' in width
- Standard frame colors are bronze & white
- Threshold available in bronze or clear anodized finish
- Available in custom colors, see Colors
Custom Configurations: Our Folding Window is part of a much larger family. It can be mulled with the following product:
- Large picture windows
- Other Folding doors or windows
Lots of grid options to choose from:
- 5/8" Colonial Flat Grid
- 1" Continental Sculptured Grid
- SDL or Simulated Divided Lite
- Beveled Glass
Structural Test Result: LC-PG30 (Light Commercial - Performance Grade 30)
Test Standard: AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440-08
Unit Tested: 3.3.0 - 3 panel, 125" x 87"
Air Infiltration - ASTM E283-04
1.57 psf (25 mph)
Water Resistance - ASTM E547-00
Uniform Load Deflection - ASTM E330-02
30 psf (110 mph)
Uniform Load Structural Test - ASTM E330-02
45 psf (130 mph)
Forced Entry Resistance - AAMA 1304-02
Test A, B & C